There's a variety of reasons why a credit card payment would fail. These reasons can vary between banks and the secure payment gateways we use to store your credit card details. Some of the most common causes include:
- Card declined by issuer: The bank has indicated a problem that is blocking the payment. This can include credit limits, daily limits, invalid card details, or security protocols.
- Expired credit card: The credit card has expired.
- Insufficient funds: The credit card does not have enough credit to pay for the charges.
- Restricted card: The card may require a PIN, is a debit card, has cross border/country restrictions, or is a business/corporate card with restrictions in place set by the business.
- Lost or stolen card: The bank has blocked the payment due to the card being reported as lost or stolen.